Beauty masks provide the skin with an extra dose of care. The active ingredients in a mask are dosed significantly higher than in a normal day cream – sometimes even up to ten times as high.
In addition to the beauty masks that you can buy ready-made in stores, there are also a number of variants that you can make yourself at home.
These DIY face masks are suitable for both women and men. Depending on the composition, they provide moisture, reduce wrinkles, improve skin complexion, and fight pimples.
1. Yogurt-Lemon Mask: Great Moisturizer
This mask is very easy and quick to make. The combination supplies the skin with moisture. It also clarifies the complexion and makes the complexion glow.
- 1 tbsp natural yogurt (preferably organic)
- One teaspoon honey
- 1 dash of lemon
- Mix the ingredients together and apply the mask to the face.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with water.
2. Lady’s Mantle Herb: Fights wrinkles
Lady’s mantle herb helps against wrinkles. The plant develops tannins, bitter substances, and flavonoids on the skin, which counteract the formation of wrinkles. The addition of horsetail strengthens the connective tissue due to the high proportion of silica.
- 4 tsp lady’s mantle
- 4 teaspoons of field horsetail
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 egg white
- Add lady’s mantle and field horsetail in boiling water to make a brew.
- Then let it steep for ten minutes.
- After cooling, mix two tablespoons of this tea with egg white and flour.
- Apply the mask generously to the affected skin and leave it on for a quarter of an hour. Then remove any residue with lukewarm water.
3. Honey and Egg White: Great Moisturizer
Due to its moisturizing properties, the use of honey in natural face masks against wrinkles makes sense.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg white
- Barley flour
- First, carefully warm the honey in a hot water (double boiling method).
- When the mixture takes on a liquid consistency, add an egg white and stir.
- Add barley flour and continue stirring until the mask has a thick consistency.
- Spread it on the face with a brush and allow it to take effect for half an hour. Then wash the mask off with warm water.
4. French Yogurt-Honey Mask: Fights Wrinkles
Combines the anti-wrinkle properties of honey with the firming properties of yogurt.
- 1 handful of fennel seeds
- 100 ml of boiling water
- 1 tbsp bee honey
- 2 tbsp yogurt or quark
- Chop up the fennel seeds and pour the boiling water over them.
- Let the brew stand for ten minutes and after straining add honey and yogurt (or quark).
- Apply the mask to the face – the exposure time is half an hour. This mask should then also be rinsed off with warm water.
Did you use any of these DIY face masks previously? How was your experience? We would love to hear from you.