Why spend tons of money on facial masks when you can make them at home. These great Homemade facial masks use all-natural ingredients and they are super simple to make. So, why not give them a try?
Additionally, why use budget-burning chemical masks when we have the option to go all-natural, ensuring there are no short, and long-term side effects.
Homemade Facial Masks: Why are They Great?
Facial masks work faster – one reason why we like them so much. It only takes a few minutes for the skin to gain a fresher appearance, a more even color, and a smoother touch.
Try these 10 homemade facial masks, see which one suits you the best. You can apply these mask once to twice every week.
1. Papaya Mask – Exfoliates and Smoothes
- 100 g of papaya
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 yolk
- 0.5 avocado
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
Mash the papaya and avocado flesh with a fork until pureed. Next, add the remaining ingredients and mix.
How to use: Gently apply with circular movements and let it sit for 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
2. Cocoa Mask – Dry and Irritated Skin
- 1/3 cup dark, low-fat cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 3 tablespoons of cream
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
Mix all ingredients in a bowl for a creamy paste.
How to use: Apply and wait for 15 minutes and wash off.
3. Carrot Mask – Nourishing and Rejuvenating
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Half a lemon
Scrape the carrots and cook them until soft. Then mash until puree with a fork. Next, Toss with honey and olive oil. Finally, add a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and mix.
How to use: Wash your face, wait until dry, apply a thin layer and wash off after 15 minutes.
5. Banana Mask – Smoothes, Evens Out
- 1 small ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- One tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of oatmeal
- 4 drops of rose water
Mash a banana with a fork. Add honey, cereals, and cream. Top up the rose water. If the mass is still too thick, add more water. Finally, mix everything well to a homogeneous, sticky mass.
How to use: On a cleansed skin gently apply a thin layer. After 15 minutes, remove with a damp, warm cloth.
6. Avocado Mask- For Dry Skin
- 1/2 avocado
- One teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tbs protein (optional)
- 1 Egg White
Mash the avocado with a fork. Add lemon juice, then egg white, Mix.
How to use: Apply and wait for 20 minutes. Remove with a wet washcloth.
7. Pumpkin Mask – Great Antioxidant Properties
- 2 teaspoons of boiled pumpkin (e.g. Hokkaido or butternut squash)
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- half a teaspoon of milk (or cream if your skin is very dry)
You just need to mix all the ingredients.
How to use: Apply to face with circular movements. Leave for 15 minutes, then rinse.
8. Agar Mask – Great Firming Effect
Agar is a gel-like substance obtained from red seaweed.
- 1 pinch of agar powder (available at health/food stores/pharmacies)
- One Egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Mix all ingredients into a paste. If necessary, add a little water.
How to use: Apply and let it sit for 10 minutes. Remove any residue with a damp cloth and wash off.
9. Mask With Kaolin- Great For Oily Skin
Kaolin is a white clay – an all-natural product that is most often available in powder form. Because it absorbs excess fat like a sponge, therefore it is used in oily skin treatments.
- 2 tablespoons of fine oatmeal
- Two teaspoons of goat milk (Powdered is also okay)
- 1 tablespoon of kaolin powder
- One teaspoon of rose petal powder
- 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- 2 drops of rose water
Mix all dry ingredients. Add and stir in half a teaspoon of warm water. Finally, mix well to a paste.
How to use: Apply to dry face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
As you can see, all these masks don’t use any harmful chemicals. Therefore, they don’t come with any side effects. So, you can give each of them a shot, of course, depending upon your skin type and the underlying problem, and stick to the one that best suits you.