The toilet should be as clean as possible. After all, cleanliness suggests hygiene, and the toilet should particularly be slate clean. But even if the toilet seat shines white at first glance, it can look completely different on the underside. Yellow marks and splashes are not uncommon here. No worries though, we have some great bathroom cleaning hacks to clean a toilet seat bright.
The dirt consists of urine scales and limescale deposits, which can often no longer be removed with ordinary cleaning agents. The reason is, these deposits have simply eaten too deeply into the material. While you may not notice the stains on the top, the underside the usually yellowed and dirty.
You already loved our DIY toilet cleaning bombs recipe, this time we are dealing with the toilet seat. Below are 5 effective and inexpensive home remedies to clean a toilet seat and give it a brand new life:
1. Dishwashing Tablet For a Slate Clean
The easiest and most convenient means of getting the yellowed toilet seat white again is a dishwasher tab. In a few simple steps, you can robustly clean the seat and completely remove any dark or yellow stains.
Follow this step-by-step method:
- Put the toilet seat in the bathtub or a large bucket.
- Now fill the container with enough warm water until the glasses are completely covered with it.
- Put in a dishwasher tab.
- After a few hours of exposure, you can remove yellowish soiling with a cloth.
- Rinse the toilet seat and reassemble it on the toilet.
- Alternatively, you can use heavy-duty powder detergent if you don’t have dishwasher tabs.
2. Oven Spray to Clean a Toilet Seat
Instead of spending tons on a new toilet seat, you can clean it white with oven spray. With this simple trick, your toilet seat will gain its past glory.
- Spray some overspray on the yellowed areas.
- Let it stay for half an hour.
- Remove the oven spray with a damp cloth.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Your toilet seat is clean again.
3. Toothbrush The Seat White
Cleaning the toilet seat with toothpaste is a little more time-consuming. However, this home remedy is said to be just as effective as the previous methods.
- Put whitening toothpaste on a damp cloth and rub it over the discolored areas.
- Let it stay for up to 4 hours.
- Remove the toothpaste with warm water and a sponge.
- One advantage of this method is that the seat does not have to be removed for cleaning.
You may also like: How to Wash & Whiten Yellowed Pillows?
4. Citric Acid to Clean a Toilet Seat
Making the toilet seat shine with citric acid is just as inexpensive as other methods on this list. You don’t even need pure citric acid if the stains are not so deep. However, if the yellow areas are too stubborn, you may need a dilute solution of citric acid.
- Light stains: To do this, rub half a lemon over the yellowed areas. Let the acid from the fruit work on the stains for over 10 minutes. Rinse with hot warm or hot water.
- Deep stains: Carefully apply a dilute solution of citric acid to all the dirty areas. Let it stay for 5 minutes. Rinse with water.
Though acids don’t react with plastic, still make sure to thoroughly rinse clean any remaining.
5. Bleach to Remove Yellow Stains
Another cheap method of cleaning a toilet seat is to beach it. This method is also one of the easiest. You simply need a little bleach, a tub, and water.
Here is how to do it:
- Remove the toilet seat and soak it in the bleach and water solution.
- Leave for like 5 minutes and scrub well until the stains are completely erased.
- Remove from the solution, clean with a damp cloth, and rinse with water.
Did you try these methods to clean your toilet seat? Which one worked the best for you? Any better methods on mind? We would love to hear from you!