Raw cauliflower salad is a fantastic combination of extraordinary flavor and valuable nutrition. Cauliflower is low in calories and thus promotes weight loss. When it is raw, it gives the salad an interesting flavor note.
Considering the refreshing taste and wide range of health benefits, it is no surprise that this inconspicuous vegetable has crept into our culinary.
Cauliflower: Health Benefits
Cauliflower is a very underrated vegetable, often overlooked in favor of broccoli. A study conducted by Rehab F.M Ali at the Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University, and published in the US National Library of Medicine show the health benefits of the bioactive compounds and antioxidants present in the vegetable.
Here a short list of health benefits this amazing vegetable is packed with:
- It has the strongest anti-cancer potential among all vegetables.
- Introducing a plenty of cauliflower and broccoli into your diet can help minimize the risk of prostate cancer.
- Cauliflower significantly reduces the risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Research has shown that it offers a protective barrier against stomach cancer, gastritis and esophagitis.
- The vegetable, however, is not particularly recommended for people suffering from hypothyroidism.
Related: Yummy Salad With Squid & Pickled Cucumber
The Amazing Raw Cauliflower Salad Recipe
While it may seem complicated at first, this salad recipe is extremely simple. It takes just a few minutes to prepare and enjoy its wonderful, fresh, spring flavor.
- 1 small head of fresh, raw cauliflower,
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise,
- 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt,
- 1 bunch of fresh dill,
- Spices (salt, pepper) to taste.
- Wash the vegetable and cut it into eye sized florets and add to a bowl.
- Finely chop the washed and dried dill and add to the bow.
- Now, roast the sunflower seeds in a dry frying pan.
- Then thoroughly mix the mayonnaise with yoghurt.
- Now mix all the ingredients evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you like the salad to be a little hotter, add some chopped chili pepper to taste.
Important: When making raw cauliflower salad, you want all the ingredients to diffuse and exchange taste with each other. Therefore, let the salad stay in the fridge for an hour before serving.
Optional: You can add a few tablespoons of shelled sunflower seeds to the salad. Because it is a rich source of unsaturated fatty acids and amino acids. Additionally, it goes perfectly with the other ingredients and makes the salad even tastier. You can also add a handful of canned sweet corn spice it up.
So, enjoy your heathy, tasty raw cauliflower salad!