Home remedies for hair loss have gained popularity over the years. Some of those home treatments really yield results while others are not as effective. We have already talked about two great home remedies to stop hair loss and healthy strong hair. But, today’s home remedy is unique, more effective, as well as least known among DIY enthusiasts.
Before we head to the recipe, let’s briefly talk about all the possible reasons behind hair loss. Because this will enable you to guess whether this home remedy will work for you or not.
Major Causes Behind Hair Loss
Aside from a person’s genetics, hair fall can have several other reasons including deficiency of essential nutrients.
- Androgenetic Alopecia: You inherit this from your parent/ancestors. As with everything else, genetics play a key role in how long a person continues growing hair.
- Age: As we age, we produce less of everything needed to remain healthier. This generally affects people over the age of 50.
- Environmental factors: Environmental conditions such as dust, radiation, and smoke also affect hair health.
- Deficiency of essential nutrients: A major deficiency of minerals, vitamins, and proteins may result in premature hair fall.
- Constant stress/trauma: Hair loss due to stress is a temporary condition. Hair regrows with relief.
More Specific Causes
- Medical conditions, treatments, and illnesses: Certain medical complications such as thyroid disease, alopecia areata (an autoimmune disease that attacks hair follicles), and scalp infections like ringworm may also result in temporary or permanent hair loss.
- Hair treatments: Though most hair conditioning products and procedures generally don’t cause long term damage to hair, some may do.
Will this Remedy Work For You?
Now that you already have an idea of what may be causing hair loss in your case, you can comfortably rule out some of the causes to know if this will work for you or not. For instance, if yours is due to genetics, or age, chances are, it may not work for you.
Else, let’s introduce the major ingredient of the recipe.
What is Shilajit & How it May Stop Hair Loss?
Shilajit or Mumijo is a tar-like, blackish-brown thick organic compound. It’s a mineral complex found on the heights of the Himalayan mountains. The compound is densely packed with a wide range of minerals, vitamins, essential oils, and amino acids.
This natural organic mineral complex contains about over 30 chemical elements, 6 amino acids, as well as almost all vitamins, essential oils, and even selenium that adds anti-aging properties.
A study conducted by a team of scientists at the University of Chile, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Neurosciences, International Center for Biomedicine (ICC), sheds more light on the procognitive activity of the compound.
In their study published in the US National Library of Medicine National Institue of Health, the researchers have even called Shilajit a natural Phytocomplex.
Shilajit Recipe to Prevent Hair Loss
This is a simple recipe that modifies your shampoo by adding a specific quantity of Shilajit in it. Just don’t be intimidated by its black and tar-like appearance, the mineral complex can even be consumed. Therefore, no need to worry about any side effects, it simply doesn’t come with any.
- 100 grams (Available both in tablet and raw form)
- 10 drops Olive oil (optional)
- Your favorite shampoo. (A plane shampoo with fewer ingredients is preferred)
- Crush the tablets and add them to your shampoo. Add the olive oil.
- Shake well and let it sit for an hour for the constituents to mix well.
- Your Shilajit shampoo is ready to use.
How to apply: Simply apply the mixture to your hair with massage to ensure it reaches the scalp. Let it sit for 10 minutes and wash it off with warm water. You can repeat this twice a week.
So, we hope this salvages your precious hair. If you already have past experience with the recipe, we would love to hear from you.