Let’s be honest, most of us are almost always busy and may often fail to take care of our canine’s proper hygiene. Proper cleaning not only keeps the pet fresh and happy but also keeps infections and illnesses at bay.
While you can grab a number of soaps and shampoos from the market, this homemade dog shampoo is just way too good. It’s super simple to make at home and doesn’t cost you more than a few bucks.
Features of a Good Pet Shampoo
A good dog shampoo should have the following specifications:
- Effective in cleaning and disinfecting.
- Doesn’t come with short and long-term side effects.
- Free from harmful chemicals.
- Deodorizes the pet for an extended period of time.
- Readily available.
- Doesn’t cost tons.
Homemade Dog Shampoo: How to Make?
This shampoo uses only one major ingredient. The best thing is, you already have the ingredient in your kitchen.
- 1 ltr Lukewarm water
- 3 tsp of Baking soda
Take a liter of lukewarm water in a bowl or a bottle. Add 3 tablespoons of baking soda and mix well.
How to Use?
Moisten your pet with plain water. Then rub the mixture thoroughly into the hair. Wait for 2 minutes before rinsing with water.
If you are in hurry and can’t manage a wet bath, you can give it a dry bath as well. Soda also works as a dry shampoo. When rubbed into the pet’s dry hair, it perfectly absorbs any unpleasant odors and leaves the fur dry and smooth. After such a dry bath, brush your pet thoroughly.
More Uses of Baking Soda as a Pet Cosmetic
- Apply some baking soda to a damp cloth and use it as a pet toothpaste.
- A bleeding claw? Dip the damaged tip in baking soda, then press it gently with a gauze pad until the core stops bleeding.
- You can also disinfect and clean your pet’s brushes using the above solution.
Baking Soda Against Dog Order
Easily refresh both a rug that smells like a dog and a dog’s beloved bed. All you need to do is sprinkle a handful of baking soda over them items, let it sit for 5 minutes then thoroughly vacuum clean.