Gel air fresheners are wonderful as they smell awesome and last forever. The problem however is, they are a little bit heavy on the pocket. But this should never stop you from enjoying the amazing experience they offer. Because, after reading this post you will be able to make your very own gel air freshener! And you know what? It’s easier than you might have thought.
Before we learn how-to, let’s find out why should you make your own instead of getting one from the store.
Why make your own gel air freshener?
Besides the simple reason that a DIY gel air freshener is much cheaper, there are other reasons for it:
- Save tones of money.
- Make in a couple of simple steps.
- Customize your color and smell.
- For the price of one, make multiple, let each room smell differently.
- Then you have all the custom storage options to choose from.
How to make the gel air freshener?
Another great thing about this air freshener gel is that you probably already have the ingredients at your home.
Follow these simple steps for a wonderful long-lasting smell:Print
DIY Gel Air Freshener to Make Your Home Smell Wonderful For Months
Make your home smell like a spa with this DIY air freshener gel. This gel will ensure wonderful smell that lasts forever.
- Prep Time: 5 minuts
- Total Time: 24 hrs
- Yield: 4 jars 1x
- Category: Home fragrance
4 envelops gelatin (unflavored).
Food coloring of your choice.
Essential oil of your choice (you can also use room fragrance drops instead).
1 tbs salt.
2 cups of water (divided into two 1-cup amounts).
4 Jars (Each with a capacity to hold 1/2 cups of liquid)
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each jar.
- Add 1 teaspoon of essential oil to each jar. If you want a stronger smell, you can add 1/2 tsp or even 2. But 1 tsp should be good enough.
- Take a medium sized pan and pour the first cup of water.
- When the water comes to a boil, add all the four envelops of gelatine.
- Stir/whisk until the gelatine dissolves.
- Add the next cup of water followed by the salt.
- Stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat, wait for over a minute and start filling the jars with the mixture.
- Still the jars for a good mix. Let the mixture sit for over 24 hours to solidify.
And that’s it. The wonderful gel air freshener is ready to make your home smell like a spa!
Please be careful while pouring the hot gelatin-water mixture into the jars. Use a funnel if needed to avoid accidental burns.
Keywords: home smells, home fragrance
Was Chlorine helpful today? Did you like the idea? You may want to save the following pin for later access OR share it with others.