A simple twist in your pea soup recipe that adds more taste, and improves texture.
1 Ham Bone; meaty (or hocks)
1 cup Ham; Diced & reserved (optional)
1 pound of dried peas
3 quarters Water
3 celery (chopped)
1 large onion (chopped)
2 Carrots (chopped)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
2 Bay leaves
1/4 cup fresh cilantro (parsley is an alternative)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 cup cream (light)
1. Combine all ingredients and cook on high in an instant pot for 20 minutes.
2. Once cooked, turn off the heat and allow the cooker to release pressure naturally.
3. Take out a 1/2 bowl of the soup and mash properly into a paste.
4. Add the paste back to the soup, cook for another 5 minutes and your soup is ready.
5. Open the lead, optionally add in hot sauce, and apple cider vinegar to taste, and serve.
If you want to cook the soup slow in a crockpot, the initial cooking time is over 4-8 hours depending upon the intensity of heat. Once the initial cooking is done, rest of the steps are same as instant pot.
Keywords: soup,pea soup,
Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.
To use social login you have to agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. %privacy_policy%Accept