Pea soup can be prepared in a variety of ways. You can make it vegan with lots of vegetables or go for meat-side dishes. Spices play an important role here, thanks to which the pea soup acquires an amazing taste and aroma.
For connoisseurs, consistency is no less important. You have certainly heard dreamy stories about the traditional military pea soup in which the spoon stands upright and one bowl is enough to fill you for the whole day.
While you may definitely have already tried different pea soup recipes, this one is worth trying. It will literally take a moment, and the outcome will be a feast for your taste buds.
Health Benefits of Peas
Packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, peas are one of the healthiest foods you can eat. Just a half-cup serving provides you with three grams of fiber, which is important for keeping your digestive system healthy and preventing constipation. Peas are also a good source of protein, vitamins A, C, and K, and minerals like iron and phosphorus.
Following are some of the great health benefits of consuming green peas:
- Peas are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, iron, and folate.
- They are a good source of protein and fiber.
- Regular consumption of peas helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Peas are also known to reduce the risk of some chronic diseases, such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- The easily available vegetable also improves gut health and boosts the body’s immunity.
- Other health benefits include weight loss, blood pressure regulation, reduced inflammation, and brain health.
Also check: 10 Yummy Vegetable Soup Recipe for Taste and Health
The Perfect Pea Soup: How to Prepare?
The trick is super simple, just put some peas aside (The amount depends on how thick you want the soup to be). Once your soup is almost ready, blend the extra peas together with a few cloves of garlic. Then put the mashed peas back into the pot and cook for a while.